Image Source: AlBargan
“After spending some Quality time with the BMW X1 2013 Model, it sounds more promising Now.”
The entry level model for BMW, the X1 gets a much needed facelift required for it to make it more impressive than the earlier X1 model. BMW has definitely spent some quality time for this 2013 version making it more advanced in terms of appealing, features, ride quality, handling and more.The foremost thing the rider feels about his luxury vehicle is in its looks and with it, the feel of luxury while enjoying sitting in it which BMW looked for in its earlier X1 model. With the previous design though cheap, did not gather that recognition for which BMW is famous for. It did not deliver that appeal to the market audience in the BMW market as the BMW standard. Now the new BMW X1 2013 model deserves a pat on its back for producing the new X1 to nearly the same standard as other BMW automobiles.It might be the entry level model for BMW India but inside the quality of materials, the fit and finish and the equipment list did the luxury tag justice.
Check Out: Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2013 Review
Differences for Good
- It gets leather interiors, ambiance lighting, iDrive, power seats with memory, panoramic sunroof, wood trim and a high-end system complete with navigation. On the safety measures, there are 6 airbags, ESP, ABS and rain sensing wipers along with adaptive headlamps.But there’s more to the new 2013 X1 than just a long equipment list.
- It also revised its head and tail lamps along with new sportier bumpers featuring good fog lamps positioning, smarter and broad looking kidney grilles getting extra sophistication to the X1’s aura.
- It still powered by the same 1995cc, twin-turbo, 4cylinder diesel, but it now makes 7bhp more. The max torque figure has climbed by 30Nm and it traces an even flatter curve.
- Even bigger change is the introduction of the 8-speed automatic gearbox to the range.It still feeds the rear wheels, but since there being more ratios to play with along with techs like brake energy regeneration and start/stop, the fuel economy has improved.
- The new X1 accelerates quicker than the earlier version, though has a lower top speed now.
- The biggest change is the adoption of electric power steering against the hydraulic setup used on the earlier version. It actually stepped in the right direction for X1 to get more marks in handling than before.The old steering was super heavy making it a challenge to use at low speeds.Now the X1 is a lot easier to drive around but still not as light as on other B-class or the Audi Q3 competitors.
- The X1 might be entry level upcoming from BMW for the Indian market, but it feels and drives just like any other BMW. The ride quality is enhanced much, but it may feel some jerk as road surfaces get rough massively.
- Boot Space with 420 litres of volume is proper and sufficient for this size cars. The rear seats also fold 40:20:40 adding effectiveness liked by all.
Check Out: BMW Z4 Vs. Audi TT – Style With Performance
The interior feels upmarket as expected from BMW.Good equipment list on the onboard too.